* Translator

Author Topic: ktk server ip help?  (Read 343 times)

HOSCAKAL

• Respect: 441
  • facebook:yilmaz tasoluk-2facebook : ersun tasoluk
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008082738921
ktk server ip help?
« on: April 01, 2021, 01:01:11 PM »
ktk  can the server write who knows the ip address?
I could not see in the forum

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Rozo Admin
  • Respect: 72
Re: ktk server ip help?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 03:28:12 AM »
Sadly KTK  ( Kill The King)  was not able at the time to migrate up to the last https://cod4x.me/  1.9 update. I also can not find a listing in Game tracker for an ip address  at https://www.gametracker.com/search/cod4/?query=FNRP

TL;Dr You have to upgrade to COD4x's version 1.9 to play on FNRP servers, but that killed off fun mods like KTK (kill The King).  I miss it  also and had just started getting decent at.

That COD4x's 1.9 update is the one lots of people are on here complaining  about cause lag and other issues still. The coders at cod4x.me community  also made it not backward compatible with 1.8 , 1.7, 1.6, etc  so you basically upgrade or you loose people who do  by auto-update  or do so when one of their favorite game servers says "you need to update". With the prior versions all being backwards compatible,  people unassumingly trusted the update  and lost their favorite servers if  those that didn't update, or if didn't update they   lost the servers that updated . Basically splitting the COD4 gaming community more...   

A  hard call was made because people saw an update notice from FNRP and were expecting 1.8 and were downgraded with the  1.9 short comings and "boned headed" rules  shoved down their throats  by the source instead.  Most people updated because the update was announced it was coming and everyone expected the update that been vetted thoroughly, not the unlucky event of COD4X's also putting a new update out within a  day or so of FNRP's finally updating.

As I recall, Sphere was finally about to let the "COD4x 1.8" update come into full effect on all the FNRP servers. That was after their full  bugs hunt  with the  fixes for issues they had been finding after  they did testing  in depth . While also  fixing  maps  that had some issues in the new code 1.8 , on top of while  they fixed zombies issues that were new, etc.    Not a joyous event.

That move to update allowing  plenty of delay for other issues to surface on other beta testers ( aka the public ) before it was released upon the clan and the guests on the server, was  Cautious and with good reason.  Which Powers that be were pretty sure they had found most issues with Cod4x's 1.8 update that was several months old before opening/requiring it to play on FNRP's Severs  for the rest of us,  but right as that  happened,  the Cod4x modding community dumped 1.9 out and people were forced on to 1.9 update instead,  even if only wanting to upgrade 1.8 Cod4x mod. 

It didn't help there was accidentally auto update line of code hidden in there that triggered downloading and installing COD4X's 1.9 version on the severs and personal computers.  That is the crap Microsoft pulls, and makes people shut off security updates because they can't be trusted, to actually only fix a security hole and not destroy and break your programs and games.

There were also  issues where after years of being white listed FNRP suddenly had to buy a certain amount on steam to have their "Server Tokens" to be listed in their new COD4X's Server lists for in game "  . So their white listing known good servers was just another causality of the ego of COD4X team.  Why actual do minimal work when you can use a system where people can get tokens  to fake they are good servers and when busted buy new tokens and repeat?   Maybe I misundersatood what I read on their site but it seemed a security hole you could drive tractor trailer trucks while do doughnuts inside the security flaw holes.

In Case you can not tell I'm slightly pissed at COD4X for the crap they pulled with 1.9 release.   Sphere made a far better post that maybe someone can find and link it to let it explain what they our  Admins were having to deal with to keep FNRP up , online, playable, and available in this new downgrade patch.    Sadly the fact of the matter when weighed out meant FNRP best choice was take the 1.9 update since a bunch of the community had already downloaded and installed it.   When required   patching it for steam players to get it to work properly, aka 1.9 was more an Alpha or barely Beta level and should not have been released, it needed more feed back and checking with others than the the coders personal "fan boi" club playing on how they set up their preferred way to play without looking at other options.

Sphere explained a lot about what happened and why it COD4x 1.9  became the equivalent of a festering pile of zombie dog poo poo on hot road asphalt in the middle of a hot summer day in exploded crawler gas and in a  toxic slime puddle.  It added lots of headaches and bug issues  they had to be fix. Some by removing zombies from each wave on every map.  Improved code should handle more not less but I digress...

The Cod4x 1.9mod  that keeps our game alive is programmed by group of people that have fallen into the same  trap that makes the Mozilla Firefox open source browser   failure of inner circle praising their own and looking down on any that disagree .  COD4x have reached the point that many open source projects derailed into of not understanding what is a "security update" verse "what is my cool personal project I want implemented and force on everyone, so  once forced will realize how great I am it really is."   Kinda like that Facebook  rear end of a donkey  Mark Zukerburg's behavior...

Which despite their delusion of grandeur, COD4x update is horrible and I really wish we could go back 1.8 or 1.7 and I would not ever install another update from cod4x modding community unless forced to get working games server lists  in the far future and would look elsewhere, as the derailed fork that lost their original mission of keep the game playable and fresh by allowing new mods and new maps.

You have to upgrade to version 1.9 to play on FNRP servers, but that killed off fun mods like KTK (kill The King).  I have hopes maybe this will return but they have faded as the months go on.

I feel you frustration, I had started to invest a lot of time time in the KTK with the Bots and had almost unlocked all the guns both for kills and head shots which random purchase made that achievement something to be proud of. The adding of the bots allowed you to play and have fun game when you couldn't find someone and even when you had only 2 players.  I'm glad I got see and play it, it is sadly missed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:44:09 AM by FNRP-AbleMagawitch »

Now using FNRP-Able Mgwtch for clan tag shorten due character limitations.

HOSCAKAL

• Respect: 441
  • facebook:yilmaz tasoluk-2facebook : ersun tasoluk
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008082738921
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »
Sadly KTK  ( Kill The King)  was not able at the time to migrate up to the last https://cod4x.me/  1.9 update. I also can not find a listing in Game tracker for an ip address  at https://www.gametracker.com/search/cod4/?query=FNRP

TL;Dr You have to upgrade to COD4x's version 1.9 to play on FNRP servers, but that killed off fun mods like KTK (kill The King).  I miss it  also and had just started getting decent at.

That COD4x's 1.9 update is the one lots of people are on here complaining  about cause lag and other issues still. The coders at cod4x.me community  also made it not backward compatible with 1.8 , 1.7, 1.6, etc  so you basically upgrade or you loose people who do  by auto-update  or do so when one of their favorite game servers says "you need to update". With the prior versions all being backwards compatible,  people unassumingly trusted the update  and lost their favorite servers if  those that didn't update, or if didn't update they   lost the servers that updated . Basically splitting the COD4 gaming community more...   

A  hard call was made because people saw an update notice from FNRP and were expecting 1.8 and were downgraded with the  1.9 short comings and "boned headed" rules  shoved down their throats  by the source instead.  Most people updated because the update was announced it was coming and everyone expected the update that been vetted thoroughly, not the unlucky event of COD4X's also putting a new update out within a  day or so of FNRP's finally updating.

As I recall, Sphere was finally about to let the "COD4x 1.8" update come into full effect on all the FNRP servers. That was after their full  bugs hunt  with the  fixes for issues they had been finding after  they did testing  in depth . While also  fixing  maps  that had some issues in the new code 1.8 , on top of while  they fixed zombies issues that were new, etc.    Not a joyous event.

That move to update allowing  plenty of delay for other issues to surface on other beta testers ( aka the public ) before it was released upon the clan and the guests on the server, was  Cautious and with good reason.  Which Powers that be were pretty sure they had found most issues with Cod4x's 1.8 update that was several months old before opening/requiring it to play on FNRP's Severs  for the rest of us,  but right as that  happened,  the Cod4x modding community dumped 1.9 out and people were forced on to 1.9 update instead,  even if only wanting to upgrade 1.8 Cod4x mod. 

It didn't help there was accidentally auto update line of code hidden in there that triggered downloading and installing COD4X's 1.9 version on the severs and personal computers.  That is the crap Microsoft pulls, and makes people shut off security updates because they can't be trusted, to actually only fix a security hole and not destroy and break your programs and games.

There were also  issues where after years of being white listed FNRP suddenly had to buy a certain amount on steam to have their "Server Tokens" to be listed in their new COD4X's Server lists for in game "  . So their white listing known good servers was just another causality of the ego of COD4X team.  Why actual do minimal work when you can use a system where people can get tokens  to fake they are good servers and when busted buy new tokens and repeat?   Maybe I misundersatood what I read on their site but it seemed a security hole you could drive tractor trailer trucks while do doughnuts inside the security flaw holes.

In Case you can not tell I'm slightly pissed at COD4X for the crap they pulled with 1.9 release.   Sphere made a far better post that maybe someone can find and link it to let it explain what they our  Admins were having to deal with to keep FNRP up , online, playable, and available in this new downgrade patch.    Sadly the fact of the matter when weighed out meant FNRP best choice was take the 1.9 update since a bunch of the community had already downloaded and installed it.   When required   patching it for steam players to get it to work properly, aka 1.9 was more an Alpha or barely Beta level and should not have been released, it needed more feed back and checking with others than the the coders personal "fan boi" club playing on how they set up their preferred way to play without looking at other options.

Sphere explained a lot about what happened and why it COD4x 1.9  became the equivalent of a festering pile of zombie dog poo poo on hot road asphalt in the middle of a hot summer day in exploded crawler gas and in a  toxic slime puddle.  It added lots of headaches and bug issues  they had to be fix. Some by removing zombies from each wave on every map.  Improved code should handle more not less but I digress...

The Cod4x 1.9mod  that keeps our game alive is programmed by group of people that have fallen into the same  trap that makes the Mozilla Firefox open source browser   failure of inner circle praising their own and looking down on any that disagree .  COD4x have reached the point that many open source projects derailed into of not understanding what is a "security update" verse "what is my cool personal project I want implemented and force on everyone, so  once forced will realize how great I am it really is."   Kinda like that Facebook  rear end of a donkey  Mark Zukerburg's behavior...

Which despite their delusion of grandeur, COD4x update is horrible and I really wish we could go back 1.8 or 1.7 and I would not ever install another update from cod4x modding community unless forced to get working games server lists  in the far future and would look elsewhere, as the derailed fork that lost their original mission of keep the game playable and fresh by allowing new mods and new maps.

You have to upgrade to version 1.9 to play on FNRP servers, but that killed off fun mods like KTK (kill The King).  I have hopes maybe this will return but they have faded as the months go on.

I feel you frustration, I had started to invest a lot of time time in the KTK with the Bots and had almost unlocked all the guns both for kills and head shots which random purchase made that achievement something to be proud of. The adding of the bots allowed you to play and have fun game when you couldn't find someone and even when you had only 2 players.  I'm glad I got see and play it, it is sadly missed.

thank you

FNRP-Sphere

• Clan General Admin
  • Respect: 628
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 11:09:10 PM »
Hi yeah I have to look at KTK some day

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal