* Translator

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations from Able Magwaitch  (Read 346 times)

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
  • Respect: 0
Greetings and Salutations from Able Magwaitch
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:09:45 AM »
I've recently created an account here on the forum, after Blanty invited me to join and kept encouraging me to join and to apply to be in the clan of FNRP. Blanty is an amazing ambassador welcoming to anyone new; going out of the way to always help them to get through leveling up, providing helpful tips and/or explaining something in game you don’t understand. You can expect them to be one of the first to run to revive someone almost every time. They defiantly deserve a nice nod for their ongoing behavior and are why I am here.   I've mainly played on Rozo Zombies Server only, so I haven’t had chance to meet and get to know any of the other members as well. Although from whom I've met and seen, it seems to be the norm for being helpful and nontoxic
You can see the stats https://www.gametracker.com/player/ABLE%20MAGAWITCH/fr1.fnrp-servers.com:28925/

That invite (minus spamming invites for any and all to come join hacker’s xyz’s server over the years ) was pretty much a first for me in gaming. “My first computer was carved from rock and I logged the original growth forest for the punch cards.....”,  if that gives you idea for my age.  No one ever reached out or offered before playing on FNRP servers. Before FNRP I was playing on namelessnoobs and enjoyed playing with just the bots because of the lack of cheaters, hacking and/or griefer crap. Although I guess the bots did use aim-bot to some degree ;)  .

Before that I had no clue up until this year that there was an updated unofficial patched version with the old "Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare" for style of player made maps and communities.   If you weren’t around for Call Of Duty 1 or Call of Duty 2, people used to go to extreme effort to recreate towns , p.o.w./ concentration camps, battle areas game maps to help educate and show what the soldiers and civilians might have seen as they moved through those towns & villages. Not that people don't put a lot of work into the new current maps I've seen, just back then there was whole doing it for “”historical accuracy”” and then nit picking from all and tweaks to try and make the map even more realistic. Down to road color for pavement rock styles.  It was a part I missed in the later installments of the COD series. The new DLC crap sucks and getting bleed for 3-4 times the full price of the game to get the rest of what should have been released along with the game and various patches like in the past, just burned the bridge. That release where it only required 4 GB of RAM but wouldn’t install unless you had 6GB of RAM just took a proverbial nail gun to the coffin lid, for any new purchases.

My gaming name comes from a name I used to create old accounts about 20+ years ago. I was stuck for a throw away name, since I was not feeling witty (nor snarky) at the moment, so I reached for a book on my shelf beside the computer and decided to use the first character’s name I found. It happened to be "Great Expectations" and it was Pip's benefactor.  So that's the reason for Able Magawitch.  The icon is from a USA a comic called “Getty Fuzzy” and is of the character Bucky Katt

I will hopefully soon, when my ducks are in row, apply for clan membership. I’m having problems with getting a screen shot or they’re not going to the correct folder. I also need to play some more on the other servers and understand the differences, since I’m not familiar with the game styles. I’ve been lurking through the forums, reading posts and tacked threads, since some wise cat macro once said to “Lurk More”.

Due to be injured and shut off from the world because of it, the corona virus isolation protocols only changed medical appointments; otherwise it is the same isolation as before. So if you have suggestions for programs to download to use to record the screen/game I would welcome them. I’m a decade plus out of the loop. If it matters it needs to run on a  windows 7 64-bit operating system that is limited on hardware but I can play older games so I’m happy with those. Never got into consoles other than the old 8bit NES, the Atari 2600 and Colecovision, which are played with emulators for the most part nowadays.

Any way, Greetings and Salutations to all

Able.

alpha.

• Respect: 8

Re: Greetings and Salutations from Able Magwaitch
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 11:14:49 PM »
Enjoy your stay and have fun! ;)
Oh! I forgot to say:

package free !  8)

post scriptum: you are not the only one elderly :D

FNRP - Puma

• Rotu Revolution Admin
  • Respect: 88
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 03:35:17 PM »
welcome to the fnrp family a pleasure to greet you i am puma from mexico

FNRP-DEATH

• Zombies General Admin
  • Respect: 146
  • Gamer & Designer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »
Welcome Able,
Nice to meet you, have fun!

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
Enjoy your stay and have fun! ;)
Oh! I forgot to say:

package free !  8)

post scriptum: you are not the only one elderly :D

Glad to be here and happy to know I'm not the ancient elder , that I wasn't the only one who  existed back when  being able to park our  Brontosaurus on parking lots  in high school was cool and perk of being finally an upper classmen. Back when  You had friends based on , instead of which console they had, you used  by which computer(Commodore, Amiga, Adam,IBM, Apple, Tandy or some home built kit. You had thsat circle for being able to swap shareware and what you spent that last night  downloading from random BBs for  a new game/program while you slept. Some over several nights and disks worth. That you shared magazines that had nothing but code for the article to type out into your computer to create some program/game. If you ever as child set your alarm in the middle of the night to change a "7" Inch Floppy" or  a "Digital Data Pack", you might be 1970's kid

Since my school's  computer class was only 1 quarter of a semester aka 1/2 the school year, sadly they had no more they could teach yet.... (There was only 1 class which was a    1/2 school year elective for the 3 years you were there) and the other half of semester's quarter was filled with learning to type on electric type writers. It was more geared for turning on secretaries and female office assistants than  the STEM of today.

The staff wasn't so bright on the print "sentence" and repeat print tricks for computers . The School staff  actually thought they kids were typing them out by hand to help practice their typewriter skills, because what I had used a daisy wheel printer that wasn't the school office's dot matrix printer, nor did was it limited to the green and white line folding printer paper. Kids would give me 1 cent per sentence(half cent on large numbers, for repeat customers and/or trades, I was a smart kid, I took LEGOS in trade but preferred Lincoln Logs, HO train parts were the always welcomed for sentences and credit for in the future type trade.) you usually had  the sentences handed out as punishments by the intervals 10's , 25' sand/or  100's, so I could have them easily run off in batches, Enter name of student  on program prompt 1  and number needed for prompt 2 and off the code went to work on my Coleco ADAM. 

Since the teachers all used the same long sentence pattern but different sentences, (I had files for each teacher) on their blackboard. Rarely I had to add new sentence to the catalog directory.  I wrote a simple program that printed the number 1  then the sentence (files were  labeled by teachers name) and their punishment sentence. It then increased the number +1 in code until it came to "if equals  and or is greater than"  input 2 if not go back to 30 and repeat until  then Go to line 50's "stop" .  Simple programs, but it made me popular with all the kids getting caught. Many were covered to help out people I wanted to be in popular with, which it did that trick. Then they became friends  hurt the business side but socially a good trade.

Too make it even better/funnier I had programmed  certain numbers(I was learning how to code in C Basic  at the time so as I advance so did my ummm ""service"" ) it would deliberately misspell the word or type one that sounded  close to make it look like it human errors.  That threw out even more doubt about it was just being printed. Every one said someone  about trying to learn how to use the typewriter faster that they could type them faster or guys has excuses I wrote them with word processing which was barely above an electric typewriter at the time.   I had went nerd uncool to nerd liked and protected by many kids and the ones in the middle liked my service.  I trade carrying my books for the poorer kids and maybe half their french fries, but  only if I know that wasn't the only meal they were likely to get. I watched out for the poor kids , since they were always targeted for worse for doing less.
 C  Basic  the language was where kids learned to code just outside the lines on the bell curve for the betterment of students against lame class punishments. Kids had it so good when computers started entering homes and many teachers had only barely used the office computer for one letter or to make text for the class then took it made copies the old fashion way. It gave you such an edge.

The downside was my phone would ring up to 10;30 pm at night or start at 5 am in the morning to get my ""services"" on my way to getting ready for school before the bus, which both late and early calls weren't not cool with the "Rental Units".

Sadly no kid could carry off what I did into today's world. When I left to got to high school I passed the code to another kid with that he would be taking over for me.  Some kids tried the trick but used that fan folded green and white line dot ,matrix printer and got busted for trying to game the system, making me with with built in random error word spellings the king of punishments sheets for low prices. I learned to make that the misspelled world would be placed at random numbers for lines of identical sentences right at the time those kids trying to steal my gig got popped. So imperfect was better than perfect.

Adding errors actual made the fakes look more real to the teachers    What a strange and magical time it was.... A board and everything you could find that stacked underneath for extra height to make the ramp to jump your bike or skate board off from. "The Dukes of Hazard" or "Evel Knievel"  Challenge of the day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:22:31 PM by AbleMagawitch »

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 02:05:17 PM »
welcome to the fnrp family a pleasure to greet you i am puma from mexico

Hey Puma I look forward to meeting you in game and getting to know you

Upside I just found my in games screen caps that were  not working. Instead of going to specified folder, they were going to an odd folder to due to a various mod, so I have the higher level pro proof of screen shots now.  I'm going to be offline for a few days helping my mom with some  things.

Looking forward to combing back on and continuing to build bridges with good games, shared air drops , and helping newer players  and the rest of the team  with free crates (thieves need hot apply ).

Plus  any tips I think may not be known and/or quirks to watch out for, since I have ""unique" skill for landing crates on top of the smallest details on the map like MW2 High Rise  and having the crates land on the helicopter blades....  The streetlamps in  Seatown...  That can't be retrieved. A frustrating learning lessons I would love others to learn without the multiple landings of crates and the loss and frustration that comes from that. Places that  you couldn't land a crate from air drop if were trying ....   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:59:26 PM by AbleMagawitch »

FNRP-CeVanne

• Zombies Sub-General Admin
  • Respect: 178

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »
Better late as never, nice meeting you and hope to see you in game.

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 01:01:54 PM »

Never too late,  CeVanne
Hopefully you see you on,  Which servers or games style do you prefer to play on?

I'm in the  Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone which is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5). I usually play around midnight 12 am till around dawn. I'm breaking out and stumbling around on the other servers but mainly play on Rozo servers even if by myself.  I'm trying to learn the maps  and starting to stray away from the popular favorite and/or safer ones. Since I have advance enough to get that Gas mask which changes the ability to play on many maps.  Now I just have to watch for green muddles and exploding dogs( I hate dogs because "a dingo took my baby").  Is there an old FAQ  post I haven't found yet explaining all the different levels and what each one lets you add?

I missed out some of these different versions for years so I'm playing catch up.

Also if anyone has suggestions for free program that can record game play more than using F12 for screen shots, I'm open for suggestions. Needs to work with Windows 7 64 bit is the main restriction.

FNRP-Trainer

• Rotu Revolution Admin
  • Respect: 94
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »

Never too late,  CeVanne
Hopefully you see you on,  Which servers or games style do you prefer to play on?

I'm in the  Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone which is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5). I usually play around midnight 12 am till around dawn. I'm breaking out and stumbling around on the other servers but mainly play on Rozo servers even if by myself.  I'm trying to learn the maps  and starting to stray away from the popular favorite and/or safer ones. Since I have advance enough to get that Gas mask which changes the ability to play on many maps.  Now I just have to watch for green muddles and exploding dogs( I hate dogs because "a dingo took my baby").  Is there an old FAQ  post I haven't found yet explaining all the different levels and what each one lets you add?

I missed out some of these different versions for years so I'm playing catch up.

Also if anyone has suggestions for free program that can record game play more than using F12 for screen shots, I'm open for suggestions. Needs to work with Windows 7 64 bit is the main restriction.

i use  https://www.bandicam.com/de/ ! :) :) :)

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 02:41:01 AM »

i use  https://www.bandicam.com/de/ ! :) :) :)

Thanks for the suggestion , I've already installed and will be trying it tonight.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:50:48 AM by FNRP-AbleMagawitch »

FNRP-CeVanne

• Zombies Sub-General Admin
  • Respect: 178

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 11:55:18 AM »

Never too late,  CeVanne

I always play rotu revolution, i am not playing much lately but i hope to pick it up again in the future.
Round the time you are playing i am sleeping.

FNRP-AbleMagawitch

• Zombies Member
« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:10:50 AM »

Never too late,  CeVanne

I always play rotu revolution, i am not playing much lately but i hope to pick it up again in the future.
Round the time you are playing i am sleeping.

I think we've crossed Paths a couple of times and have enjoyed playing with you.  The Rotu games always seem to be more busy and complex, which taking time to figure things out like buying an exploding barrel and then guessing where to place it but not figuring out to make it work. An expensive use of in game points, but by trial and error I shall learn , hopefully not hurting the team as much which why I see playing as medic a better option but didn't spend as many points there as the first options of solider/fighter? (shows how bad my memory is  and my unfamiliarity with the game play.

Also aftering being approved https://www.fnrp-servers.com/index.php?topic=9689.0  and given permission to use the clan tag, I've run into issue where I can not have the tag and my gaming name due to space/character limits in the in game Mulit player menu, I've seen longer names and ones that have to use some sort of code but I have no clue on how they do that. If there is file you can edit inside your program files game director that allows you to chnage it without the in game and on screen limits. 

Do you or anyone else know how I can go about achieving that ?

Right now without brackets it reduced to "FNRP Able Mag" which isn't horrible but alters the name enough from the original meaning to make it hard to tell they are the same.  Plus when someone types out message as "mag" for shorthand, I think they are  saying something like they need a mag/reloading /low on ammo , all shooting game things to say playing around. Especially in the Theater/cinema map where the film "Black Hawk Down' is on the movie screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal