* Translator

Author Topic: CoD 4 Porting Weapons from WaW  (Read 2093 times)

Dakado

• Respect: 0
CoD 4 Porting Weapons from WaW
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
Hello, I have extracted all the weapons from WaW in their raw format, is there any way how to make them work in CoD 4 ? I read that xamins and everything else should be compatible but the xmodels has to be converted somehow but I have no idea how, could you please help me jsut a little bit ?

My second questin is related to sp weapons, the exported weapons are from sp, can I use them in my mod as _mp weapons ? If I put the weapon file into mp folder will it work or anything more has to be done (except precaching) ?

|FNRP|C20Dragon

• Bad Mean Dragon :3
  • Honorary Member
  • Respect: 338
  • Weaponized Modder
Re: CoD 4 Porting Weapons from WaW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
I'm not sure how you export files for CoD4. Here's some info on how I do it.

Hello, I have extracted all the weapons from WaW in their raw format, is there any way how to make them work in CoD 4 ? I read that xamins and everything else should be compatible but the xmodels has to be converted somehow but I have no idea how, could you please help me jsut a little bit ?

I use a lot of these programs when modding, If you don't know about them, they're free and they're awesome.
»LINK to MODS«

These are the programs I used:

Maya tanim plugins
Maya plugins for loading tanims

I used this program to convert the tAnims to xAnim to work in CoD4
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tom xAnim Extractor
This tool combined with the provided Maya plugins allow you to import Call of Duty Animations in to Maya.

I used this to export the tAnims from WaW and used the program mention above(Maya tanim plugins) to convert tAnims to xAnims using Maya.
I believe this program (Tom xAnim Extractor) has a converter in it from Cod5 --> Cod4 & vise versa. If this one doesn't, one of his programs do.
---------------------------------------------------------------

TomXmodelUtils v1
The latest version of my XmodelUtils.

I use this program to export models that I want to simply import into CoD4.
With this program you can export all the information for the model that you need to import into CoD4 Asset Manager.

My second questin is related to sp weapons, the exported weapons are from sp, can I use them in my mod as _mp weapons ? If I put the weapon file into mp folder will it work or anything more has to be done (except precaching) ?

sp models don't matter as long as you create the weaponName_mp file with the correct information for that model example: (gunModel\waw_mg42_view)(fireAnim\mg42_fire)(adsUpAnim\mg42_ADS_up\adsDownAnim\mg42_ADS_down)

Helping eradicate the zombie apocalypse, one modded weapon at a time. >:D

Dakado

• Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
I have extracted weapon files in raw format like this:

These folders contain all the files needed, but they are for CoD5, and I want them to work with my CoD 4 mod.
The problem is that once I compile my mod with these files CoD 4 game says that it cannot load the viewmodels so I guess they have to be somehow converted. Which tool do I need to use to convert these raw files into CoD 4 ones ?

VC' Fox

• Respect: 26
  • Vistic Discord: https://discord.gg/JKwXV3h

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
where did u get the cod waw files from, did u rip them from waw?

VC' Fox

• Respect: 26
  • Vistic Discord: https://discord.gg/JKwXV3h

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »
solved privately.

Leon

• Respect: 5
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:41:13 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal