* Translator

Author Topic: Rotu-R players talking  (Read 52604 times)

FNRP-DEATH

• Zombies General Admin
  • Respect: 514
  • Gamer & Designer
Rotu-R players talking
« on: November 02, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Hello,

This topic was made for players to give opinions and suggestions to improve Rotu-R server.

Feel free to comment with any suggestions related to the game, maps, configs, or anything you think of  :)

Leon

• Respect: 5
Re: Rotu-R players talking
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
For the love of god update the rotation
It's the same old maps in the vote all day long (House, Vault, StormyHouse, City, Village, Pacman, nwa forest, nwa restaurant..etc), Haven't seen any dragon map in the vote menu in 3 days

Add map rating plugin to rotu B3
It'll allow players to give feedback on maps with !like !dislike commands so admins have an idea what maps people mostly like to leave them in the rotation (Even if said admin doesn't play on rotu server) and It'll literally take 2min to install (It's a must on any server with a lot of maps, DeathRun could benefit from it if it's not already installed there)

C4 Crawler, Why? JUST WHY?
Honestly, What's the point of it? to kill everyone regardless? On a big map ok fine I don't mind it, but on small maps (which are the ones that mostly get voted) it's just stupid imo

Add some way to check on how many scav items you have

A way to check again how many items the player got would be nice and very easy to do, It can be a simple hud element on some corner of the screen that like Items: 3/10 or it can be a simple b3 command with iprintlnbold "You have 3/10 Items", Very useful for people with terrible memory like myself

Lower the !gift timer and maybe raise the amount?
I mostly end up with way more money than I need to buy and upgrade everything, currently I can do 3-5 gifts per map and still have 100k+ before the final round even starts, It'll be nice to have the timer lowered buy at least 30sec and the max amount if raised to at least 30000 would be nice imho

Upgrade the server to 1.8
The getss command/function alone are worth the upgrade not to mention it'll get rid of most the old retarded hacks I've seen used in rotu by people who look "Legit™" because it's all "Skill™" and there's no "Proof™" You just need to git gud scrub™, Not to mention all the new added functions that you could do all kinds of cool stuff with
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:09:58 PM by Leon »

FNRP-Sphere

• Clan General Admin
  • Respect: 734
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:49:37 PM »
Hi Leon, thanks for your feedback.

It'll allow players to give feedback on maps with !like !dislike commands so admins have an idea what maps people mostly like to leave them in the rotation (Even if said admin doesn't play on rotu server) and It'll literally take 2min to install (It's a must on any server with a lot of maps, DeathRun could benefit from it if it's not already installed there)

I don't have experience with map rating plugins for B3 but in general I think that it will not give the accuracy that (I personally) would be looking for. Players are more likely to only vote (dislike) when they hate the map and not voting when they do like it. Alternatively you could look at the number of dislikes only but to see how much a map is disliked one also has to look at the number of times a map is played and the number of players to draw conclusions complicating the matter.

We currently already have a good view of the popularity of the maps because all played maps are logged and the vast majority of them are voted in the map rotation. The only bias is that choosing a map rotation is already a preselection.
It works well enough imho.

Honestly, What's the point of it? to kill everyone regardless? On a big map ok fine I don't mind it, but on small maps (which are the ones that mostly get voted) it's just stupid imo

Don't all camp in a single spot ;)
To be fair I anticipated that the C4 crawlers would be more visible and you could avoid them or hold your fire. In practice you usually only find out after shooting one.

A way to check again how many items the player got would be nice and very easy to do, It can be a simple hud element on some corner of the screen that like Items: 3/10 or it can be a simple b3 command with iprintlnbold "You have 3/10 Items", Very useful for people with terrible memory like myself

After finding an item it will tell you how many items you have now, I think that is enough for most players.
But I will add it to the !scav command which already tells you whether there is an item waiting for you and whether the game is running.

I mostly end up with way more money than I need to buy and upgrade everything, currently I can do 3-5 gifts per map and still have 100k+ before the final round even starts, It'll be nice to have the timer lowered buy at least 30sec and the max amount if raised to at least 30000 would be nice imho

The gift command is meant to be able to show a small gesture to another player. We do not want it to have a large influence on the outcome of the game and giving a rather large unfair advantage to some players. In particular we do not want players with a large sum to give that all to another player, especially when they leave the server anyway. Most of your update points should be earned by yourself. There are people that do not like the gifts at all and have the opinion that all should be earned by yourself, we should not upset them too much.

The getss command/function alone are worth the upgrade not to mention it'll get rid of most the old retarded hacks I've seen used in rotu by people who look "Legit™" because it's all "Skill™" and there's no "Proof™" You just need to git gud scrub™, Not to mention all the new added functions that you could do all kinds of cool stuff with

An update to cod4x 1.8 is planned, hopefully in Q1 2018.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:51:59 PM by FNRP-Sphere »

Alan-Walker

• Respect: 46
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
C4 crawler is good game need be harder Sphere make a good mod for me is good and scav is good too I no see problem in server.Haha Gift timer is good if he would give me constant points.I would have a constant time and then you could not fight for those zombie points.No upgrade to 1.8 I think 1.7 is good.!scav command indicates that the game is starting.
 :) ;) 8)

FNRP-CeVanne

• Zombies Member
  • Respect: 294

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »
C4 could be more visible, i mostly notice them to late, when i am down on the ground :(
Likes/dislikes is hard, nobody loves the same maps so what when it,s 50 likes and 50 dislikes ? they/we/you can,t please everyone within one rotation and people keep complaining.
Gift command can go in my humble opinion :P.
I always forget how many items i scaveng but i am old :)
No opinion about the 1.8.

Maybe an idea if players make there own map rotation for say 20 maps, should be easyer to pick then for final rotatio ?

I would love to see the aa12 as primary weapon also so i can kill zombies with aa12 as prim. and sec. weapon so i can be the goddes of the rotu part of the clan  :P
I would also like to see some more low gravity maps, maybe turn a few more to low gravity ? there are now 3, moon, quake arena en wakoma/wakomoto ? wich hasn,t been in rotation the last months.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:10:51 AM by FNRP-CeVanne »

FNRP-Levty

• Zombies Member
  • Respect: 80
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
Hey all,

if it´s possible I would like to see the health- and special bar when I spec someone.
Could be helpfull I someone ask´s why he´s got no special available.

Greetz Levty
If life gives you a bag full of shit, find a field to fertilize it.

-Nacho-

• Respect: 15
  • :D
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 11:26:44 AM »
Could suggest to put the G36C with silencer that they have in class assassin, to be able to use it in medical class with improvement of 12000 points and in sniper class also. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:29:54 AM by -Nacho- »

FNRP-Talented-n00b

• Rotu Revolution Admin
  • Respect: 126
  • Talented Zainab
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »
for me my game crashes in wave 9 or 10...........I don't know why. Lag lag lag crash.. :(

Astral

• Respect: 286

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Hitmarker by default?
''One does not simply go into basement armory during a wave'' - (PCI)Pintu

FNRP-blanty

• Zombies Sub-General Admin
  • Respect: 259
  • grim reaper-Facta Non Verba-
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
i already asked that a while ago.

FNRP-treblMTTG

• Rotu Revolution Admin
  • Respect: 40
  • Rebuilding
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 11:24:15 PM »
Was there a reason why engineers were limited to one ammobox and medics were allowed to have two?

And maybe allow engineers to have two turrets available instead of just one, but keep the default total turret limit to 10, so turrets still arent flooding the server and killing everything like ROTU 2.2
If you see me in game, chances are I'm 20 sprite cans down and four hot dogs in.

FNRP-BigDad

• Zombies Member
  • Respect: 29

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 01:15:16 AM »
uhm

FNRP-CeVanne

• Zombies Member
  • Respect: 294

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 11:31:05 AM »
Is it possible to reset bugged items to an other location after say 5 minuts ?

Leon

• Respect: 5
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:03 PM »
Hi Leon, thanks for your feedback.

I don't have experience with map rating plugins for B3 but in general I think that it will not give the accuracy that (I personally) would be looking for. Players are more likely to only vote (dislike) when they hate the map and not voting when they do like it. Alternatively you could look at the number of dislikes only but to see how much a map is disliked one also has to look at the number of times a map is played and the number of players to draw conclusions complicating the matter.

We currently already have a good view of the popularity of the maps because all played maps are logged and the vast majority of them are voted in the map rotation. The only bias is that choosing a map rotation is already a preselection.
It works well enough imho.

Don't all camp in a single spot ;)
To be fair I anticipated that the C4 crawlers would be more visible and you could avoid them or hold your fire. In practice you usually only find out after shooting one.

After finding an item it will tell you how many items you have now, I think that is enough for most players.
But I will add it to the !scav command which already tells you whether there is an item waiting for you and whether the game is running.

The gift command is meant to be able to show a small gesture to another player. We do not want it to have a large influence on the outcome of the game and giving a rather large unfair advantage to some players. In particular we do not want players with a large sum to give that all to another player, especially when they leave the server anyway. Most of your update points should be earned by yourself. There are people that do not like the gifts at all and have the opinion that all should be earned by yourself, we should not upset them too much.

An update to cod4x 1.8 is planned, hopefully in Q1 2018.
Thanks and keep up the good work

Hey all,

if it´s possible I would like to see the health- and special bar when I spec someone.
Could be helpfull I someone ask´s why he´s got no special available.

Greetz Levty
+1

Hitmarker by default?
NO for me, I like the game without the hit marker, it covers my field of view when it's on and I no longer see what I'm shooting at, If it was the stock hit-marker then Yes, I don't have a problem with the stock one.

Was there a reason why engineers were limited to one ammobox and medics were allowed to have two?

And maybe allow engineers to have two turrets available instead of just one, but keep the default total turret limit to 10, so turrets still arent flooding the server and killing everything like ROTU 2.2
I think it's the default mod setting to have the engineer with one ammo box, I wouldn't mind it if engineers have 2 boxes but in order to balance it you'll have to increase the cost of ammo in the store by a lot.
Hell NO to the two turrets, 2 augmented GL turrets are way too over powered and since the current settings are 5 turrets max, 2 engineers if they could buy fast enough can take 4 out of the 5 turrets while there's 10-20 people playing, not to mention it'll make the game much easier

Is it possible to reset bugged items to an other location after say 5 minuts ?
+1

FNRP-blanty

• Zombies Sub-General Admin
  • Respect: 259
  • grim reaper-Facta Non Verba-
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
how about giving the engineers 100 point per ammo click,that way more supliers :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal