* Translator

Author Topic: CoD 4 ROTU add custom weapon variant  (Read 1788 times)

Dakado

• Respect: 0
CoD 4 ROTU add custom weapon variant
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:12:19 PM »
Hello, is it possible to add a "new" weapon to the rotu mod 2.2.1 ? I mean I want to use existing models and everything but I just want to make adjustments to the gun, so for example I created ak47_upgraded_mp in weapons.iwd that has just sligtly better damage and accuracy and I would like to make lets say upgraded version of every weapon in this mod.

However when I try to call precacheItem("ak47_upgraded_mp"); in _weapons.gsc it throws an error that it is unknown item. Is it something that has to be done in order to enable that item ?

Thanks for any help.

VC' Fox

• Respect: 26
  • Vistic Discord: https://discord.gg/JKwXV3h

Re: CoD 4 ROTU add custom weapon variant
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:41:23 PM »
It's not Possible to add "new" weapons to the mod unless you have the mod source to compile it.
If you have the mod source, the weapon you created "ak47_upgraded_mp" should work, put the weapon file inside the weapons folder (weapons/mp/ak47_upgraded_mp)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:48:03 PM by Fox. »

Dakado

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:44:06 PM »
The weapon you created "ak47_upgraded_mp" should work, put the weapon file inside the weapons folder (weapons/mp/ak47_upgraded_mp)

Yes I put my ak47_upgraded_mp info weapons.iwd file but it does not work when I try to give that weapon as the first one to the soldier class I have no primary weapon.

set surv_soldier_unlockprimary0 ak47_upgraded_mp

I dont want to add any "new" weapons I just want to make more variants of the existing ones.

Dakado

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
Ah, I am sorry I read your answer wrong. Yes I have the source so I just need to recompile it with the added weapon file and thats it ? Nothing else I have to do ?

VC' Fox

• Respect: 26
  • Vistic Discord: https://discord.gg/JKwXV3h

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:52:51 PM »
Solved privately.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal